Sunday, October 03, 2010

Birthday & Camera Play

Hey everyone! Wasn't that a bloody amazing weekend?! Melbourne definitely came through with the goods. Sunny and warm and full of outdoorsy backyard goodness.

I had such a fun time this weekend playing with my new camera (and awesome new 50mm fixed lens thanks to my good friend Gus), that it's warranted another blog post! Yay!

I've still got so much to learn, but loving the results so far...


Rooftop beers at Younghusband - Louie, Teegs, Suz and Gus



Rooftop beers at Younghusband - me and Louie (if you understand my hoodie, then points to you!)

For the first time in months we finally had access to our building's rooftop again. I've really missed Friday after work drinks, watching the sun go down and admiring our beautiful city.


Reading in bed - Lotta's Handmade Living.


Reading in bed - Lotta's Handmade Living.

This is such an awesome book! I know it's been out for a little while but I never got around to buying it. Fortunately "man friend" has very good (unprompted!) taste in books. Yay!


Making bundles in the sun


Making bundles in the sun


Making bundles in the sun

It's kind of weird but I really like making bundles out of our scrap fabrics. I find it kind of therapeutic. We are running out of time at the studio so I took some time today to sit on the couch in the sun and make some.

Add yet another Grand Final BBQ, dance practice and dinner at Taxi (oh how much I wanted to take photos of the food), and that pretty much sums up my weekend. Life is good.

6 comments:

Jacinta said...

That is SUCH an amazing pic.. (the first one)... I'm so captivated by it. Love it. It's such a great moment captured. It looks like something from a magazine.. either advertising beer or part of a fashion shoot! ;)
And yes the weekend was perfect. I've had it up to here with cold Melb weather!!! :P

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Awesome photos! I'm soooo jealous of roof-top beer joy! :)

josLine said...

Hi, nice blog you have.

May i know how should i named the paper which you have used for your header ?

Thank you :)

Emma said...

Oh wow, I think you might have the best drinking spot in Melbourne.

Lovely photos!

dwaynelutchna said...

came across this blog post randomly while searching for images of rooftops. cool kern hoodie!

dwaynelutchna said...

came across this blog randomly while searching for images of rooftops. cool kern hoodie!