Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Remember way back when...

Oh my gosh. Do you remember yeeeears ago, I submitted some designs to a Naked & Angry pattern competition and won? It's kind of like Threadless, but for products other than tees. Only my most loyal of blog readers would remember this - it was back in 2006!

Anyway, this morning I find an email in my inbox telling me that my pattern (Endless Trees) has finally found it's way onto one of their handbags, for sale in their shop:

Endless Trees handbag by Naked & Angry
Endless Trees italian leather handbag by Naked & Angry

Endless Trees handbag by Naked & Angry
Endless Trees italian leather handbag by Naked & Angry

Endless Trees handbag by Naked & Angry
Endless Trees italian leather handbag by Naked & Angry

It's pretty full on I know, but I'm hoping the pattern will look a bit less intense in person. They gave me a voucher to buy it for myself, so we'll see it in person soon :)

A good time for free stuff, I reckon.

15 comments:

Victoria E said...

Meow - I think it looks pretty badass. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! The colours work really well. I know what you mean by it seeming full on though but I'm sure it will end up being a nice statement piece to your outfit. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great fun ... not too busy at all, just right for a handbag ;)

Alex Louisa said...

Wow, it must have been a surprise after all that time. But how exciting! I'm sure you'll love it when you see it in person :)

Danielle said...

I think it looks gorgeous! How exciting!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

oooh la la! Very swank! Congrats on that. The voucher is a nice perk.

Cass said...

Wow well done and I think the pattern looks great

Fer said...

Gorgeous! I love it.

leslie said...

sweet!

Heather Moore said...

Wowee! You were a star right from the very start, it's plain to see!

Jesse said...

Looks great! The pattern is very pretty.

Billy said...

Congratulations, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

how cool is that?
and how cool is Naked%Angry in general! i am loving this:
http://www.nakedandangry.com/product/1709/Chicken_Egg

Anonymous said...

Hi Lara, i actually found you only by the Naked&Angry link from threadless, even though I'm a Melbourne girl myself.
Congratulations, your work is fantastic!

Chris said...

I have no idea how I wandered into your site but have just read through the whole thing and now I feel very excited for you that your oober cool pattern from '06 was put on that bag! I have found your site really inspiring how you wanted to make patterns and you did--you are always very very good at it. So glad I was able to peruse your site today.