Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Final Four

I haven't mentioned anything for a couple of weeks but the fabric printing is going ahead as we speak! It's due to be finished early next week and I am _so_ excited. And nervous. But mainly excited. Below are the four pattern and colourway options that will be available. The bottom design was a big favourite in the poll a few weeks ago, however the top one got hardly any votes at all (i reckon you have to see it printed to get the full effect). But it was the lovely Jenny from Amitie Textiles that helped pursuade me on that one, saying it was her favourite and offering to buy 10m of it for her shop. Yay!


(each square represents about 22cm squared)

Also i'd like to send a BIG thankyou to Krisen Doran who's been such a great help along the way, giving me heaps of advice on the process and being a great sounding board :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, How exiting, I love both prints and colors, can't wait ^_^

are you going to print it yourself?
I'm so very curious :)

www.warm-n-fuzzy.net

Lara said...

Thank you Denise!! I'm getting a place up the road to do it for me. They're a screenprinting studio that have big long tables especially for printing on lengths of fabric. Very exciting!

Anonymous said...

How cool to sell it at Amitie!! your like a total fabric designer who sells now - good work!!!

Stephanie said...

oh, i love them all..i can't wait..will it be available to folks like me??
love it!

Anonymous said...

Even I'm excited!

(I'm pretty hard to excite).

Hairy business, going into production, isn't it? I'm going through it myself at the moment.

Anonymous said...

yay!!

Jason said...

Those designs look great! I am in the process of exploring pattern design myself. At this stage though it is just for fun!

Good Luck!

cat collier martinez said...

i can't wait to see the fruition of all your hard work!!! so excited for you, really. and i noticed your work featured in an etsy treasury yesterday!!! congrats:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! One of my faves made the cut (literally!) Congrats, and I'm so looking forward to seeing how it comes out on REAL fabric.

xo!

Anna said...

Wow that sounds great! congratulations on moving your prints into their 'real world' uses! Are you going to sell them???

Kristen Doran said...

My pleasure Lara! The prints look amazing, wish I was in Melb to look at it in real life.