Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I just drank a blackberry beer I found at the Vic Market. So yummy, and so good after a sweltering market shop tugging my rickety trolley full of vegies around. I feel like a real Aussie now. However it has rendered me unable to work (coding flash stuff, supposedly) so I'll write here instead :)

Last weekend was super productive. I found myself awake and up just after 7am on Saturday (!!) and made use of the time producing more jewellery pieces for the Modamuse shop. I mailed this lot off yesterday:



(best viewed full size)

I hope they sell as quickly as the last lot and I haven't missed whatever it was that caused all the others to sell like hotcakes! But there's some new designs of the blue dot necklace (which really needs a better name) and some matching earrings too, so fingers crossed :)

Also, I finally got to meet my screenprinter and have a chat about printing patterns. His prices were very reasonable and should be able to print the fabric in 50cm x 65cm pieces, which is definately big enough for people to work with. So that should be happening over the next week or so, hopefully :)

Also, thanks to those who gave feedback on the pattern size. I'm going to go with my gut feeling and scale the patterns up a bit, suitable for bags and pillows and lamps and dresses and all sorts of things. Very exciting :)

Hope you're all surviving the heat/bushfires/snow wherever you are in the world :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blue dot necklaces are beautiful - I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when I had the chance (went away to think about it for a while, came back and it was gone)! x

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear you're going to be printing the fabrics! :) Do keep us updated--will you be selling pieces online?

Jules Madden said...

wow, you've been a busy little bee haven't you!? It's no surprise the necklaces are selling like hotcakes. They remind me of some sort of puzzle or game, maybe those little plastic puzzles where you have to move the squares around to make a picture. Something like that. Or space invaders.. maybe that'll help you brainstorm a name for them??
Blackberry beer sounds yummo- I drove past the vic market last night :D and you went to the same printer, hehe do you get prints made there?